** My favorite style, roomy and comfortable wear for long periods of time. **
Price is for ONE embroidered boxy, semi-fitted cotton face mask, sewn from two layers of high-quality quilting-weight cotton, shown to be effective especially when combined with sustained social distancing. Sewn with elastic ear loops with adjustable silicone sliders and a removable aluminum nose strip. Free (domestic) USPS shipping -- if you prefer curbside pickup just let me know. The Post Office is working in overdrive and packages have been taking as long as a week to arrive.
NOTE: The CDC does NOT recommend the use of a mask for children under two years of age. Remember that cotton masks on their own are absolutely NOT effective barriers against Coronavirus -- they are not intended to keep YOU safe, but to keep OTHER people safe from YOU since we know now that many cases are completely asymptomatic but remain contagious during the incubation period (before symptoms appear). Cotton masks provide some droplet barrier in low-risk contact situations, and they serve as pretty effective reminders to keep your hands off your face. The combination of proper mask use with sustained social distancing is an effective one-two punch against this pandemic.
Zipper Box-Fit Mask
- Wearing a mask does NOT replace social distancing. STAY HOME. Masks are only for essential work or errands like groceries. Otherwise STAY HOME.
- A cloth mask will not prevent virus particles from going through, but it can prevent you from expelling liquid droplets that may be contagious to others. Since we know cases may be asymptomatic or mild, this will help decrease spread. However, to protect yourself you still need at least 6 feet or more during essential outings, frequent hand washing, and no face touching.
- Do not touch mask while you are wearing it. It negates the use of it. If you do, wash your hands before touching anything else.
- Remove your mask as soon as you are home and wash it after every use. Wash your hands before touching anything else.
- Children under 2 should not wear a face mask. This is not safe for them per CDC.
- Remember that masks do not replace social distancing. STAY HOME. Refer to Rule #1.