This listing is for a pack of TWENTY pleated surgical-style masks, sewn from two layers of high-quality quilting-weight cotton, shown to be effective especially when combined with sustained social distancing. Choose from from three sizes; classroom packs are made with elastic ear loops. Each pack will also contain one BONUS fitted, filter-pocket mask with a sewn fabric tie for the teacher. (NOTE: If your classroom needs more, let me know and I can send you an invoice for the appropriate number. Maybe it's optimistic of me to be thinking of 20-student classrooms.) I will choose 20 unique fabrics across the spectrum of color, mostly bright vibrant hues in various geometric patterns -- no florals, no animals, no people images for classroom packs, but still plenty of beautiful and cheerful options. (Specific fabrics shown in photos are suggestive of the variety, not guaranteed for a specific pack.) Price includes (domestic) USPS shipping -- if you prefer curbside pickup just let me know. Feel free to enter the shipping address of your favorite teacher, or if you would like to sponsor a classroom here in New Britain, just add a note with your order and I will get them to where they are needed most. NOTE: The CDC does NOT recommend the use of a mask for children under two years of age. Remember that cotton masks on their own are absolutely NOT effective barriers against Coronavirus -- they are not intended to keep YOU safe, but to keep OTHER people safe from YOU since we know now that many cases are completely asymptomatic but remain contagious during the incubation period (before symptoms appear). Cotton masks provide some droplet barrier in low-risk contact situations, and they serve as pretty effective reminders to keep your hands off your face. The combination of proper mask use with sustained social distancing is an effective one-two punch against this pandemic.
CLASSROOM PACK (20) surgical-style masks
- Wearing a mask does NOT replace social distancing. STAY HOME. Masks are only for essential work or errands like groceries. Otherwise STAY HOME.
- A cloth mask will not prevent virus particles from going through, but it can prevent you from expelling liquid droplets that may be contagious to others. Since we know cases may be asymptomatic or mild, this will help decrease spread. However, to protect yourself you still need at least 6 feet or more during essential outings, frequent hand washing, and no face touching.
- Do not touch mask while you are wearing it. It negates the use of it. If you do, wash your hands before touching anything else.
- Remove your mask as soon as you are home and wash it after every use. Wash your hands before touching anything else.
- Children under 2 should not wear a face mask. This is not safe for them per CDC.
- Remember that masks do not replace social distancing. STAY HOME. Refer to Rule #1.